...I have given up blogging forever, I haven't. All is fine at Mama's house, well as fine as it can be with three children. I made a pseudo-commitment to take a break from blogging. I thought it would be a two week break not a two month break. I would love to say that something wonderful was happening whilst on self-imposed break but it wasn't anything different than normal. I've driven the kids to school, gone to the gym, gone grocery shopping, worked, and driven carpool. Then there's the house keeping, cleaning, and cooking that has to be done as well. So that's what has consumed my break. See? It's not glamorous.
Here's what's happened since I last blogged:
- L got a second cast on her wrist after they x-rayed it to make sure the bone was healing properly and discovered that she had stuck a penny in it
- H got his first big boy hair cut
- If K grows any more she's going to be taller than me by the time she's eight. And I'm not short.
- S has been to the UK twice
- We went on a very short getaway with Sporty Mama and her Hubby
- I've watched too many AU losses although our most recent loss was one I was actually ok with. Frankly, I thought we would get our butts handed to us and we hung on until the very end. I was extremely proud of those guys for showing up and giving us a great game. WAR EAGLE!
- I had a fabulous birthday dinner lovingly prepared by my sweet husband, complete with steak au poivre, fresh asparagus and angel food cake with strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream
Now you're caught up. I've learned that working a part-time job is a full-time job in and of itself. The hours really are great and I still get to do things with friends when I can, I can still do field trips and class parties, I just have to make sure my job is done first. There are days when I'm happy to be there and days when I wish I were anywhere but there. That's not all that different than my job as a mom. I have those days when I wouldn't trade any of it and days when I wish I could be beamed to a quiet spa island where no one asks me for anything.
I can dream, can't I?
P.S. Not sure why H looks so worried...