Sunday, August 29, 2010

Away

I spent this rainy, dreary weekend with my friend of 15 years, Sporty Mama. She and I met my first week at Auburn and little did I know I had found a lifelong friend. We have shared many wonderful times together over these last 15 years but this was the first time we have spent any time together just the two of us. We went away for two whole nights without our husbands, without our children, without an agenda. Well, there was sort of an agenda: sleep late, eat whenever we want, retail therapy, and wine. That was about it. Oh, and her Fantasy Football draft.

We had a blessed time fellowshipping, laughing, sharing, and watching Auburn football clips from years past, including the kick that won the 1997 Iron Bowl, which just happened to be my 21st birthday. We also managed to squeeze in some amazing food, much-needed retail therapy, and a new margarita recipe. What a great way to spend a weekend!

Thanks, Sporty Mama, for being my friend!
Views of the Harbor from our hotel room

No comments: