Monday, December 22, 2008

And Now the Madness Really Begins

So. How was your weekend? Ours went by way too fast but we got lots done and I finally got to take a nap. Mod Girl commented that I made her sleepy just reading my last post. Well, I was definitely feeling the sleepy, too!

The class parties went well on Friday and I ate way too much (how can you resist a nugget tray from Chick-fil-A?). At least I didn't eat the cakes, cupcakes and chips that were also available. The girls both got really cute books and we've been reading through K's since she got a Max Lucado children's treasury book that has 4 of his books in it. L got a puzzle book and H has had fun trying to figure out how the pieces fit.

I ran between both parties Friday morning seeing just enough of each one to please both L and K. I came home with feet aching, arms loaded with gifts and goodies from various friends, and two wound-up little girls. I told them to run around outside for a bit to calm down. It sort of helped.

Saturday went by faster than any Saturday has in recent memory. That morning I realized that I had never taken a shower on Friday. Now not getting a shower is something to which I've become accustomed since becoming a mother. But this was the first time I actually forgot to take one. Needless to say, that was priority one on my agenda for Saturday morning.

We were busy cleaning out closets, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and running errands. S's parents made it into town that afternoon and we spent time with them playing dominoes and eating dinner. Again, I was exhausted by the end of the day.

I thought I was all done with shopping and wrapping but remembered that I didn't have anything for stockings and must get that done, including wrapping all of those gifts. That's a tradition in S's family that I still don't understand but I'll wrap all the items, even if it's a little pack of gum.

So that's what's been happening around here. I'm hoping to post more this week and will upload some pictures of the kids. I wish I knew how to get pictures off my phone and onto the computer so you could see H's face last night when he ate an Oreo. Just use your imagination.

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Post oreo photos soon!

Stocking gifts were always wrapped at my house... I'm rebelling this year, too many teeny-tiny treats to wrap. I've decided that technically stuffing them in a stocking (which is like a gift bag) is a way of wrapping them!

mama said...

Maybe if we put tissue paper in the top of the stocking it will look just like a gift bag!