Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Always Need My Family

Since we are trying to fix up our house a bit (without spending too much money), Nana took the girls with her when she went back home. That means H is an only child until Friday! We've gotten a lot done since the girls left yesterday morning, including preparing our room for a fresh coat of paint. Gran has agreed to keep H tomorrow so I can paint and S can get other work done without worrying about what H is getting into.

So here's where the family comes into play. Since L is with K at Nana's house (they're also spending time with Papa and PJ), they aren't in their normal routine. The girls got to have their own rooms last night at Nana's house. At breakfast, L told Nana that she missed her family. She said, "I always need my family." Sometimes that little girl really surprises me with her sayings. Usually they are funny (like last week at church when she was sitting in my lap and tooted just as the pastor said that Jesus' love had a very distinct sweet aroma. It's really hard to stifle laughter in the middle of a sermon) but this one truly touched me. My daughter, who is usually the independent one, absolutely wants and needs to be with her Mama, Daddy, sister and brother.

And that's the way I always want it to be.

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Awwww, sweet L!

I hope that you're getting a lot of work done; although I know you're missing those girls.