Friday, January 2, 2009

Hey! It's 2009!

I fully intended to blog earlier this week, I even started one post, and then time marched on and it's a new year.

Our New Year's celebration was fun as we spent it with a few friends, enjoying the fellowship at a dear friend's house. We were sans children but everyone else's kids were there and I found that I really did miss my kids. H even spent the night at Gran's and I slept until 9:00am Thursday morning. I haven't slept that late in years. It felt wonderful.

We picked up our girls today and it was such a joyous reunion. The girls took turns sitting on my lap and S's lap while trying to eat our lunch. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them at lunch. S and I both needed the time to get things done around here (much was accomplished) and the girls being gone afforded us that luxury. But, man am I glad they are back. H has spent his entire evening playing with them, very happy to have his little world complete once again. With all the upheaval of working around the house and the amount of time he's spent at Gran's, he's glad to have his way of life back to normal.

I know that God has big plans for us this year, I just feel it. We know that He can do great and mighty things through us and we trust that He will. School starts on Monday and we are going to enjoy every last minute we have with our girls before they go back to the everyday grind that school can be. May you be richly blessed in 2009!

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Amen to that last paragraph!

I'm so glad H's (and your) world are once again complete.

I dreading Monday morning too!