Monday, July 23, 2007

Favorite Book

While perusing the bloggy world, I found a blog encouraging us bloggers to write about our favorite book from childhood. I have several so I thought I'd write about them.

  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day - Honestly, I read this more when I was an adult rather than a child but I do remember it from childhood. I love that nothing goes right and he just wants to move to Australia. There are plenty of times when I feel that way! I don't have this one in my home but I'm sure it will become a staple.
  • The Twenty-four Days Before Christmas - I love this book to this day. I remember reading it over and over again although my mom doesn't really remember reading it to me. I think I liked it because of the family and their Christmas traditions. I bought a copy off of eBay two years ago and have just started reading it to my own kids.
  • The Runaway Bunny - One of the sweetest books ever written. Hug your kids when you read this one!

I also remember wanting to read Scat, Scat, Go Away, Little Cat many times but my mother didn't like the way the cat was treated so I didn't get to read it that much.

So, what are your favorite books from childhood?

No comments: