Friday, July 20, 2007

First Post


Okay, so I'm making a foray into the blog world. I've actually done this before but didn't keep it up. However, things have changed and I feel the need to jump into the bloggy world, as a friend of mine calls it. I am a SAHM of three kids and my days are filled with endless questions and chores. My kids are 5, 3, and 2 months at the moment, making the days fly by.



I wanted to start this blog because I like to write and I have a lot on my mind but there aren't too many people to listen to me during my day. There are times I just need to get things off my chest. Plus, I would like to have a record of what my children did when they were young. They do funny things, maddening things, crazy things, sweet things and I just don't want to forget them. So you'll have to put up with my ramblings about my children most of the time.


Take my day yesterday. It wasn't a horrible one but it wasn't the best. It started promptly at 7am when H woke up to eat. He ate like a horse, gulping every last bit of breast milk I was willing to offer. I sat him up to burp and he proceeded to expel every ounce he had just taken. It came out with so much force it even came out his nose. This is not the first time he has done this so I've become accustomed to his spewings. However, this one got everywhere: all over his clean outfit, all over my pajamas, on the pillowcase, etc. I think you get the idea. It was everywhere. Since it's summer, we usually don't have anywhere we have to be at a certain time. This day, however, we were taking K to day two of ballet camp. It's only 2 hours in the morning but I'm forced to get 3 kids and their mommy ready to walk out the door to be there by 9am. This spewing episode meant I had to have a shower before I could leave the house. I have gone plenty of places with spit up on my clothing but this was a large amount and I didn't feel like smelling of sour milk all morning. So off to the shower I went, only after making sure the girls were settled in front of the TV (no lectures about the electronic babysitter, please. The shower was a must) and H was in his bouncy seat in the bathroom with me. He was still a bit upset about the whole situation but we were in a time crunch.


Having had a shower, I had time to actually put on some makeup before leaving the house. H got a clean outfit and clean diaper, K got on her ballet clothes, and L got herself dressed in her typical mis-matched outfit. Hair got brushed and we actually got out the door with time to spare.


But the rest of my day, which included numerous feedings, a mound of laundry and a grocery run, seemed odd. There was just something not right. My husband is thinking of taking a job that would move us away from our current location. While I have always been supportive of his career and moved gladly with him (4 cities in 2 years), we've been here for over 4 years now and I've developed friendships that I'm not willing to leave. I do know that if God has us move, I'll move wherever He leads, even if it's the middle of nowhere. One thing I learned from moving so much when we were first married is that if you think it's going to be bad, it will be. But if you make the best of it, you'll find there's some good in every city. I have some wonderful memories from every place we've lived, even if it wasn't my first choice of places to live. God has blessed us immensely in the time we've been here and I know He'll do the same wherever we live.


So I guess that's what's weighing on my heart at the moment. Even if we don't move right now, I really feel that God is preparing me to leave this area and move on. I've got to trust in Him, that He will lead us where we need to be.

No comments: