Monday, August 11, 2008

Time for School! Time for School!

So school starts a week from today. I can't believe summer is drawing to a close so fast! I'm preparing myself for a whirlwind of activity and the everyday commute to get both K and L to school. I'm also looking forward to some time alone with H. He gets bigger everyday and it's not going to be long before he's going to school, too.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I have a first grader. I don't feel old enough to have a first grader! The supplies have been purchased, the clothes washed and hung up, uniforms ready to go for the first day.

K and L are more than ready for school to start. When I told L that we had to go to church twice before school started, she asked, on the way home from church yesterday, if we were going to church the next day (that's her way of saying tomorrow). She's definitely ready. A woman at the gym today commented that L is an independent spirit. I would concur.

H is still crawling and saying "no" a lot but he's added "no way" to his repertoire. He also knows the word mouth and will open his when you ask, "Where's your mouth?" My child, he is gifted. But you already knew that.

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Boo is excited and ready... Tukes is in for an adjustment, I'm afraid.

Way to go H!