Monday, December 7, 2009

Big Boy Room


H now has his big boy room. We took down the crib on Saturday, H even helped, so obviously he was more than ready to be in the big bed. He's done great. The first night he woke up twice but since then has done really well. And he's so proud of himself. He gets up every morning and says, "I sleep in my big boy bed, Mommy!" The room looks really good, too. Much more room in which to play. Now it just needs some finishing touches like pictures on the wall.

I must admit I cried. I didn't think I would be that emotional but when push came to shove, I lost it. I realized that the crib has been in that room since we moved into the house, except for a brief period when we moved L into K's room and she was still in the crib. And I didn't just get teary, I really cried. Oh, I was pitiful. It's just moving from one phase to another. Watching the kids grow is wonderful but I think it's important to remember what they were like when they were little, to celebrate their present accomplishments, and look forward to the next stage. That's the joy of being a mama!

No comments: