Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

The rocking chair that was my grandparents'. It has had several different colors of paint over the years, although I only ever remember it being white. I love the way the sunlight pours over it in the mornings.

The spool bed is my favorite piece. It was my great-grandmother's and was my bed for many, many years. It's a 3/4 bed, meaning it's larger than a twin but smaller than a full. This is the first time it's been bathed in blue for a little boy.

Both of these pieces now reside in H's room.

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh, I love H's room! The family pieces work perfectly in there, and, you know, I didn't even recognize the bed now that it's all dressed in blue!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Oh, I love spool beds.... they are my favorite. Is he enjoying his room?

mama said...

He is really enjoying the room. More room to play and doing great in the big boy bed. He gets out of bed every morning and exclaims, "I sleep in my big boy bed Mommy!'