Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Been Too Long

It's been too long since my last post but there's good reason for it. We celebrated spring break in what will be our new home town. S was already there working so I took the kids there on last Friday and came home Wednesday. While it was a bit of a working vacation (we looked at houses both Saturday and Monday) we were able to enjoy the pool at the hotel and visit the local zoo.

I was afraid H would be difficult to deal with at the zoo since he is so little. But he actually enjoyed it. He's not a big fan of animals but they were far enough away for him to be comfortable. His favorite thing was the train. Now he knows that a train says, "Choo-choo!" My favorite part was getting to feed the Loreys. They are beautiful birds and LOVE to be fed their special nectar. It really is a treat to them. At one point I had three birds on me, all jockeying for the nectar. The keeper told me that the best time to come is first thing in the morning when you can have 10-15 birds on you at once!

Here are a few things I learned while on the trip:
-H can unbuckle his seat belt: both the part that goes across his chest and the one that actually secures his car seat
-I have mastered the art of re-buckling a child while driving and not swerving
-3 kids in a car for more than 2 hours with only one parent isn't easy
-House-hunting with 3 kids is even worse
-L is a person who should never have bangs
-Children are very uncooperative at the end of a long day
-Actually being able to go somewhere for spring break is a blessing

And here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Neither of my kids EVER figured out how to get out of a harness on their own!

Did L cut her own bangs?

Anonymous said...

glad to know i'm not the only one with a hoo dee nee (don't you love my spelling) in a car seat.

looks like y'all had a good time.

oh and I have an interview at AHS. meant to tell you but we've been a little looney lately.