Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Delicious But Not So Nutritious

A few weeks ago, S was making his usual lunch, a PB&J (peach preserves, to be exact). As he reached for the bread he asked, "Since when do we eat white bread?" I replied, "Since it was on sale at the grocery store for 50 cents a loaf."

I realize that white bread isn't all that nutritious and I've honestly gotten used to whole grain breads even though a PB&J still doesn't taste quite right. But I really couldn't pass up a loaf of bread for 50 cents. I bought a couple of loaves and put them in the freezer.

So this morning when I made cinnamon toast for breakfast, K exclaimed, "Yea! We get white bread! It's so yummy!" I figure a few sandwiches made with white bread isn't going to kill the kids. Plus it's a good thing they consider it to be a treat!

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I will not reveal how often my kids eat white bread... let me just say, they love it too!