Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School


Well, my baby is officially in kindergarten. I have so been looking forward to the first day of school, ever since the last day of the 2006-2007 school year. Don't get me wrong, I do love my girls but they crave structure and I couldn't offer that this summer with H and his wacky schedule. I found myself a bit broken up at orientation, knowing that she is now in real school. It's quite bittersweet.

K was so excited to go to school this morning that she barely ate breakfast. L was the same way. They just couldn't wait to get there. I managed to get pictures of both of them outside the school but K wouldn't let me get any of her in her classroom. So we'll have to wait for another day for those pictures. She actually was nervous and wouldn't let go of my leg. When the bell rang, I had to get the teacher's assistance to get out the door. I know she's fine now.

L, on the other hand, ran straight to her classroom, sat down in her seat and said, "Bye, Mom!" She did let me kiss her goodbye.

And this picture is of H and his reaction to his sisters going to school.

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Henry is saying "Yes! Mama to myself\!" They are so cute in their little school things.