Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not Moving!

Well, I guess my gut was wrong this time. I usually have good intuition about how things will go. For example, I just knew that L was going to be a girl and H was going to be a boy. I had mixed feelings about K until the last two weeks of my pregnancy and knew, without a doubt, that she was a girl. I also had a feeling, the entire pregnancy, that H was going to be early. I figured I would go into labor around Memorial day, about 3 weeks early. I was a little off (4 weeks!) but he was early. Again with the digressing.

My husband has taken a new job that will not require us to move. While I'm grateful that I don't have to go to the middle of nowhere, I was looking forward to the newness that moving brings. It's fun to have a new house, a new car (which we need as we are bursting at the seams in our current family vehicle), a new (much larger) city that would bring new shopping options (has anyone heard of that Old Navy store?) and, more importantly, new restaurants. We do like to eat in this family.

The new job will, however, require S to do a lot of traveling. I'm not so happy about that but it's obviously what God has for us at this time. Every other door closed with an overwhelming slam so stay put it is! This is good for us because we have roots here, friends here, memories here. It won't be easy for S to be gone a lot but I have an incredible support system here. My family, while not here, can get here easily and visit often. S's family is here now and they are a wonderful support for us. And I have some incredible friends, ones that I would have hated to leave had I been moving.

You're not getting rid of us yet!

2 comments:

Tam said...

You should have seen the look on Natalie's face when she was told you weren't moving. Jonathan actually called her today after having lunch with S today to share with her the big exciting news. Well "big" to us. :) Love you guys.

nancygrayce said...

I, for one, am glad ya'll are staying!!!