Friday, August 10, 2007

The One In Which I Have Nothing To Talk About

Now that I'm done with my "series" of blogs on places I've lived, I have little to write about. The summer is winding down and I can't wait to get the kids back into school and into a routine. The only routine we've had this summer is that there isn't one. And now it's so oppresively hot outside that I can't send the girls out there unless it's for water fun which, frankly, I don't enjoy because I have to be out there and I'm hot. Honestly, the heat is somewhere between ghastly and completely unbearable. These are the days I wish we had a pool.

As a side note, I just saw a commercial for a credit card showing lots and lots of fabulous snow. If only!

I would love to post some pictures but I haven't taken any with our digital camera. I have taken some with my cell phone but I still have no idea how to get them from my phone to my computer. I was told that emailing them to myself was an option but I tried it and it didn't work. Bummer.

So, if you need something to read or find my babbling totally unbearable, I suggest you check out my friend, BooMama. It's a quite often hilarious and touching look at motherhood and life in general for a good Southern girl. It's one of my daily reads. Plus, she often has giveaways and who doesn't like free stuff? If you want a guaranteed laugh, read this post. Every time I think about it I laugh out loud, or LOL as you kids call it. I'm to old to have to learn that. I've just now gotten me one of these fancy blogs. I can't be expected to learn it all in one day!

2 comments:

boomama said...

Oh, what a precious treasure that post must have been to the people your mama shared it with a few weeks ago. I can't even imagine what they think of America now. :-)

Hope y'all are well!

emily said...

i am cracking up so much at your boomama friend. she is hilarious... my favorite so far (besides the mama & the fish camp story!!) is her label titled "out of control on aisle six". i love me a good deal too, and i absolutely love that label title!!! :) tell her that she has one more reader to add to her "tens of people" that read her blog. as if i really have time to read one more!!