Monday, February 16, 2009

In Everyone's Life a Little Hair Must Fall

Tonight I was blessed with the opportunity to get out of the house for a couple of hours. A friend had invited me to a Tastefully Simple party and since I'd been cooped up with the kids for two weeks straight (S was away on business), I jumped at the chance to just be with other ladies.

My evening was wonderful and I planned to be home after the kids were in bed. However, when I pulled in the driveway, the light in the girls' room was still on. Not good. I walked in the door and was greeted by S with a look of utter frustration on his face. The girls got in a lot of trouble with, you guessed it, a pair of scissors.

He told me they had damaged a pop-up tent and K cut L's baby doll (which can easily be fixed. We'll just call it a small operation). I walked in the girls' room to check out the damage and was confronted with floor full of bits of cut up paper. I made the girls pick up all the little pieces and as I was folding a blanket that was in a pile on the floor, I saw what I had feared most: a chunk of L's hair. Let's just say that we're going to be taking a little trip to the hair salon tomorrow so that we can even things out a bit. And H will be getting in on the haircut action as K and L, apparently, bestowed on him the gift of the silver shears.

Pictures to follow for sure...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do they do this? Oh and L's beautiful locks. How short is it now?

mama said...

It's chin-length with some Mamie Eisenhower bangs. We're going to be sporting lots of little clips over the next year. And H's had to be buzzed...

Britt said...

I am dying to see pictures...please post soon. I can't even imagine. Your children are precious.