Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pictures Coming!

Oh, I've been so blog neglectful this week. With an out-of-town husband and a sick child I've had my hands full this week. Fortunately, S is back and will be for awhile. For that, we are grateful.

One fun thing I got to do this week was do a knitting demonstration for K's class. The librarian at her school asked if I would show the kids some hand-knitted items and I was happy to oblige. I could have thought of a thousand reasons not to do this (H needs a nap, H needs to eat at that time, L is sick, I have other errands to do, etc.) but I really wanted to do this so I made the time. Just to see the look on K's face when I told her what I was going to do was proof enough that I made the right decision. She was so proud to have me in her class and to share with all her friends. I'm so thankful I got to do that.

Now, the demonstration was really just a way to show the kids the different tools used in knitting, along with different yarns used and things that can be made by hand. While I didn't have a whole lot to show them, I had plenty. Remember this is a group of five-year-olds. They were really more interested in the yarn and feeling the different textures.

So, I'll try to do better about blogging this week. I have a few pictures to share, including L's first Thanksgiving program. She was really cute!

No comments: