Monday, November 5, 2007

So That's Where it Is

We, like the majority of Americans, have 2 phones. We have only one phone line but we have receivers in the kitchen and our bedroom. About a week ago, I realized that I could only find one of them. I hit the page button on the base and was able to find one, conveniently located in my hand, but couldn't find the other one. I looked in all the normal places, including all the cushions on the sofa and the chair. I looked under all the furniture. No phone. It was gone.

The other day, however, the girls were playing in the living room and the kitchen. They went to their cabinet in my grandmother's china cabinet and I noticed what looked to be a phone. Sure enough, there was the other phone, complete with a dead battery. I had to explain that these phones were not toys!

No comments: