Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blessing From Out of the Blue

Last night I got all the kids tucked into their beds and listened, momentarily, to the silence around me. I have been doing some reorganizing around the house and this includes going through our medicine cabinet and getting rid of all the things we don't use or are expired. As the trash can in my bathroom became overly full, I decided to just go ahead and take out the trash. What else would I be doing at 8:15 PM?

With a genuine loathing for taking out the trash, I'm not one to do this until I really have to. But I felt a prompting to do so and I took the bait. As I rounded our garage to put the very heavy bag into the garbage can, I looked up at the moon as the eclipse was underway.

It was so neat! I've never seen one that I remember before and I just sat there in awe of what I was seeing, feeling very small yet somehow protected. I moved a chair out to the back yard and sat for about 30 minutes just watching the moon get smaller and smaller as the Earth's shadow took over. I finally went inside just as the moon's glow went out (and because it was really cold by then).

I got a very unexpected blessing from taking out the trash!
(Author's note: I do not take credit for this photo. I tried, with my new camera, to get a decent shot but nothing came out right.)

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

We saw it on accident too! Amazing and beautiful -- a wonderful testimony to the glory of God.

Beth said...

It was totally CLOUDY here last night. Boohoo!

Glad you got a treat from the Lord :-)