Monday, February 4, 2008

Is It Monday Already?

Where did the weekend go? As a matter of fact, where did the week go? That one just flew by. I guess, in some ways, that's a good thing.

We had a fabulous weekend. I spent part of my Friday night at a Silpada jewelry party. I had never been to one before and if you like jewelry, they have some beautiful pieces. I ended up getting a really pretty silver and garnet ring. Very fun. Then I went to a basketball game in which 3 of my nephews played. Since there are only a couple more home games and we've been to zero so far this season, I thought it best to go to one soon. The game was fun, my nephews played very well, and their team won. Yea!

Saturday was spent doing laundry, cleaning and knitting. A friend of mine admired a hat that I made for L so I told him I would make one for his son. I finished it although it took some creative stitching to get it right. It's not perfect but nothing home made is supposed to be. I wish I could say something fabulous happened during the day but it was pretty boring, doing general house work.

Then came Saturday night. S's parents are back in town and offered to keep our kids while we went out in celebration of our anniversary (which was yesterday). Then they suggested that the girls even spend the night so we only had H to deal with Sunday morning. We decided to go to a restaurant that is about 45 minutes away but it was totally worth it. Wonderful French food and fabulous wine. We had been there before when I was pregnant with L so this was the first time I had gotten to enjoy some good wine with the fabulous food. It was a great evening.

We spent yesterday afternoon at S's parents' house, trying to fix their computer. By the time we got home, after playing dominoes and getting help from Gran to fix my knitting, we were all exhausted. We watched the Super Bowl, the only time I actually watch pro football, and collapsed into the bed. I wasn't ready to get up this morning but children needed breakfast and a ride to school. Those kids will get you every time!

So how was your weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love civil war reinactments. who wouldn't want to go to one of those?

i was thinking that your anniversary was coming up.
so happy anniversary!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

This is totally unrelated to your post, but I was thinking over the weekend about how I should recommend this book to you. Have you read "Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise" by Ruth Riechl? Since you enjoy food so much and dining out you're sure to enjoy this book written by the former New York Times' restaurant critic. A very entertaining, easy read about her experiences dining out in disguies. There is one unfortunate use of vulgar language but other than that very good!

mama said...

I heard Ruth give an interview about her time as a critic and I would love to read the book. Sounds like a good read!