Thursday, May 8, 2008

Flee From Temptation!

I am not what you would call a bargain shopper. I love a good deal, mind you, but I wouldn't call myself one who peruses newspapers for the best deal on an item. If I need it, I get it, and I sometimes (I know this is a shock to some of you) pay full price for an item.

This is all true except when it comes to groceries. I usually look for good bargains at our local supermarket. My favorite is the buy one get one free shelf at the front of the store. They often have their 100% juice on sale and that's the only time I buy juice. I stock up then so I don't have to pay full price later on.

About 2 weeks ago, there was the BOGOF deal on some toddler juice that is already watered down. We always water down our juice because the kids don't need that sugar and it stretches a gallon of juice much further to do so. (Nana joked that when the kids started school they would find out, among other things, what juice is supposed to taste like.) So I bought the toddler juice figuring I wouldn't have to worry about watering it down since the makers of said juice had already done it for me.

Do not be fooled by this horrible marketing ploy. We went through that juice so fast that I don't even remember what flavor it was. Oh, you juice makers and your marketing department! You expect me to pay the same amount of money for something that is only 53% juice when I could get 100% juice? You got me this time but no longer. I will flee from the tempation of pre-watered-down juice from now on.

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Hah! We joke around our house that the boys drink juice-water. My mixture is about 1/4 juice and 3/4 water. Boo even reminds me to add water to it "to make it taste good."

Beth said...

This was funny! :-) And the chicken and "tub" stories, too!