Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How Y'all Doin'?

I must say that I am worn out and it's only Wednesday. We have relatives visiting and we've been busy doing fun things with them. We've had a great time but this is the first night my kids were in bed before 8:30. And that includes H. I know, I'm a terrible mom for keeping him up so late but it's been really nice to spend time with family we don't see very often.

As for swim lessons, I have been so amazed at the girls' progress. The instructor was even impressed today. It's amazing what a little confidence will do. L was jumping off the side into the shallow end by the end of today's lesson and K was diving (DIVING!) off the side into the deep end and swimming to the ladder. Y'all, she didn't know how to swim until last Friday. She could go under water and hold her breath but had no clue how to swim. And now she's diving. I'm so, so proud.

And I'll leave you with a much-needed L-ism. Tonight, as I was putting on my pajamas in my bathroom, L barged in. "What are you doing, Mama?"
"Putting on my pajamas."
"What's that?" (pointing at my shirt)
"You know what that is. It's my shirt."
"Oh, I know. It's for hiding your boobies."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to know boobies is in your household vocab, too :) haha