Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh, How the Mice Played

This past weekend I got to do something I rarely get to do: I got to surprise my mom (Nana). As an adult, we get so few surprises in life so this one was really fun. She celebrated a big birthday last week and I was able to be there, unbeknownst to her. You should have seen the look on her face when she pulled into her driveway and I was there waiting for her! It was totally worth the trip. We had a great time getting to do all sorts of fun things we never get to do, like shopping, eating out, smelling lotions at the store for half an hour.

How, you might wonder, was I able to do this when there are usually 3 children tugging me in a million different directions? They were home with their Daddy. Yes, you read that correctly. All three stayed home with Daddy while I spent the weekend with Nana. Oh, it was such fun. My mom and I haven't had that much time to ourselves since I got married. It was quite nice. Plus, I got to sleep in!

Meanwhile, on the home front, S let the kids have lots of fun this weekend. The house wasn't too torn up when I got home. Here are a few pictures of their day on Saturday:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those cuties!

Nana so appreciates S's birthday present to me--sending his wife to her house for her birthday! Stars in your crown, S!!

nana

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh my, that dirty backside is hilarious!

So glad you had such a wonderful weekend and could be there. Remember 10 years ago when you surprised her for her 50th?!

Happy Birthday, Nana! Kudos to S. for providing such a happy weekend for everyone!