Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Big News

No, I'm not pregnant (would take a miracle).

Now that that's out of the way, I thought I'd share this because I need to. Last night, we went to a friend's house to celebrate Veteran's Day. All of the men/Daddies are military of some sort, either veterans of a war, prior active duty or reserves. We had a fantastic time, ate way too much, and stayed way too late. We even got to roast marshmallows and have s'mores. Yummy!

But the big news of the night is that H walked. Yes he walked! And not just two steps but at least 10 to go from S to me. And back again. He went back and forth, back and forth, so very proud of himself, smiling the whole time. Then he got tired and was ready to go home.

Y'all this is such an answer to prayer, such a reminder that God does miracles as H's life is, in and of itself, a miracle. I wanted to cry tears of joy last night but they didn't fall until this morning. At our last appointment, H's doctor suggested we have him evaluated at our convenience but I don't think that's necessary now. We know he can do it, he knows he can do it and that's what matters.

He's yet to do much at home but I believe that's due to him being exhausted from having stayed up too late and getting up too early. I think with a good nap he'll be running laps around us!

Thanks to all of you, my dear friends, for your prayers on behalf of H and myself. This Mama's heart was burdened for him, praying that he would walk, that there wouldn't be anything truly wrong with him. He is, apparently, doing just fine!

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Woo-Hoo!! Now that news is worth jumping and clapping about! What an answer to prayer. You're not going to be able to stop him now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I know you are relieved and excited for him. No he can really ride that tricycle. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

By the way,"givenaglimpse" is me.:)
I totally messed up when posting my comment.

emily said...

yay!!!!! there's no stopping him now!! thanks for making me tear up AGAIN. :) that sweet boy is already a heartbreaker!!