Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Getting Busy

It's that time of year, time when all sorts of things are happening: parties, programs, birthdays, holidays. I love it and hate it all at once. I believe most of you know what I mean.

L has a Thanksgiving program tomorrow followed by lunch in her classroom, to include parents and siblings. I'm pretty sure H will be more interested in all the toys rather than the food. I realize that's not the norm but call it mother's intuition.

Nana is coming for the weekend (unbeknownst to the children) to celebrate a birthday. This means I have to clean up the guest room as I've let the kids play up there a little too much in recent weeks. At least there aren't too many toys and the sheets for the bed are clean.

K's class has a Thanksgiving lunch on Monday, to include parents and siblings, for which I have to make dressing. I volunteered to do this because I didn't want someone bringing Stove Top and calling it "homemade." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Papa and PJ are coming for Thanksgiving and we're all looking forward to that as the kids haven't seen them since April. Papa's been very busy with work and a long drive just hasn't been in the cards for them. Should be lots of fun with lots of good food.

We saw a really cute movie a few weeks ago called Chaos Theory. Very good, minimal language, and clean. Totally worth the money spent to rent.

So that's about it. I have a video of H walking that I still need to download from the camera and will post when that's done. Hope all of you are having a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post that video--I can't wait!

Nana

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Yes, post the video!

Who's birthday...?! Oh, I wonder! Have a fun weekend and enjoy your mama.

I have to take corn for 45 people to Boo's Thanksgiving Feast on Friday. Like H, Tukes will only be interested in the classroom toys.