Monday, November 24, 2008

I Told You it was Getting Busy

It's been almost a week since I posted and I'm not sure where time went.

L had her Thanksgiving program and subsequent "feast" on Wednesday and was so very cute. She was dressed as a pilgrim girl and was just adorable. Will post pictures eventually. I use the term "feast" very loosely as the lunch consisted of chicken nuggets, corn, lady peas, and rolls. L ate about 10 nuggets and I lost count as to how many nuggets H ate. He kept grabbing them off the tray and stuffing them in his mouth. I know he started out with four. My guess is that he finished with about as many as L.

My birthday was Saturday and it was wonderful. I got to do whatever I wanted and ate whatever I wanted, including a nice dinner out with S and my mom. It was lovely and we had a very good time. I think the last time Nana got to go out with us without children was before K was born. Auburn didn't play Saturday so that meant I couldn't get upset about yet another loss. I'm just ready for the season to be over and to move on. We've learned a lot from this season but it's time for it to be over.

K's Thanksgiving feast was today and I forgot my camera. The whole class stood in front of the parents and, individually, gave their name and what they were thankful for. This is not K's forte but she did what she was supposed to do and did quite well. She was very clear and concise and not one bit scared. This Mama was very proud and I told her just that. This feast truly was a feast. We had turkey, ham, the aforementioned chicken nuggets, corn casserole, beans, rolls, cornbread, mac & cheese, and potatoes. I was in charge of dressing and made more than enough so now I don't have to make that for our Thanksgiving. It's already taken care of! K is also about to lose her second tooth and can't wait for it to come out. I guess losing teeth never really gets old. The tooth fairy was very generous with the first tooth ($2!) but much stingier with each additional tooth (more like 25 cents).

We have one more day of school this week and then we're off. I'm thankful for that. So that's what's going on here. I hope your week is full of fun, good food, and family.

No comments: