Friday, April 4, 2008

Book Review

Self-Defense by Jonathan Kellerman
If you've ever read a Jonathan Kellerman novel, you'll know his main character, Alex Delaware. He's a psychologist who consults with the police. Someone gets murdered, disappears, etc., and Alex gets involved, thanks to his friend, Milo, the cop. Investigation ensues, Alex plays detective, bad guys appear and usually get put away.

Self-Defense is no exception. I wouldn't call it the greatest novel ever but it did exactly what I needed it to do: it took me away from my own little world. I usually really like Kellerman's novels because they are a great mix of well-written dialogue and scenic explanations. There's always a bit of humor in his books and my favorite character is Spike the dog. He's a French bulldog with an attitude and he always makes me smile.

A special thanks to Papa and PJ for getting me hooked on these books!

No comments: