Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trip to My Hometown

I almost titled this post "Trip Home" but realized that I'm home now, in my own house and that we just got back from a trip to my hometown, where I was born and raised. We went to visit my parents while S was out of town for the week. While the drive was long, it was well worth it. H did really well in the car and the girls sat in the way back watching movies the entire time. I did have the forethought to give them headphones so I didn't have to listen to Cinderella and Aladdin 100 times.


We had a great time. The girls got to spend the night at Papa and PJ's house which makes them feel so grown-up. P & PJ took them to a wild animal rescue park where they were able to see lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) and all sorts of other animals that have been rescued from private owners, zoos and other less-than-humane conditions. They had a blast.


Nana and I took H shopping and we were able to get some summer clothes for him. We had such a fun time as we rarely get to spend time together. H was a great sport and conked out just after lunch. He even took another nap when we got home. Shopping is so exhausting!


The highlight for me was going to hear Trent Monk (of Monk & Neagle) play at my friend's house. Yes he was in her living room giving, what felt like, a private concert, even though it really wasn't. He is a phenomenal musician and if he's ever in your area, I encourage you to check him out. And I got to do this without any children in tow. Oh, it was a blessed evening, including reconnecting with a friend I haven't seen since I was in eighth grade!


I will post pictures when I get the chance but I have to play with some of them before they're ready for posting!

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I'm happy that you had such a good visit! A personal Monk & Neagle concert -- cool!

Beth said...

Yahoo for a fun visit home! Glad you got some re-energizing YOU time :-) And shopping time!