Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thank Goodness They Check

I went to the gym this morning. I know, I know. It's not me. I hate the gym. But it's time to get healthy now before it becomes a real issue. I've actually been going for awhile. I look at it as time to myself where I can zone out and not think about things like cleaning the house and putting the laundry away.

But I digress.

S went with me and since both K and L are in school today, H was our only tag along. The ladies in the child care center are so sweet and H has a great time in there (usually). I dropped him off and went with S to start lifting.

In the end, S finished before I did so he went to pick up H. Since I was the one who dropped H off and the ladies had never seen S before, they were suspicious. They found me and asked if that was, indeed, H's father. I smiled and said, "Yes, that's his dad." She said they haven't had any issues but they like to be safe just in case.

That did this mother's heart a world of good. What if it hadn't been S but someone else? How easy would it be for someone to take a child? I'm so thankful for those wonderful ladies at the gym. Thank goodness they checked!

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I'm glad they checked, too!

Good for you getting back in the gym. I recently started running again, painful it is but I'm in dismal shape and need to do something about it.