Monday, March 31, 2008

Curtains

Since we had the whole "raining in my room" episode and the ensuing mess, we were forced to take down the blinds in the girls' room. I thought this was a good time to attempt to make curtains for their room. I'm not a master seamstress, in fact I've never made curtains before but I figured it couldn't be too hard if I were to keep it simple.

I found some adorable pink/green/white striped fabric, though the fabric I really wanted had about 1/4 of a yard left on the roll. Not quite enough for my project. I was even able to line them with pink gingham.

Remember any project that sounds simple will be quite the opposite. The sewing of the curtains wasn't the rough part. The rough part was the cutting of the fabric. Not exactly easy when you don't have a big table on which to cut. As I pieced the fabrics together, I noticed that my lining wasn't exactly even with the stripe. I persevered on and made due.

I think they turned out quite cute, including the tiebacks. While the stitching isn't perfect, I think my first foray into the curtain world was a rousing success.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look good!

emily said...

i'm quite impressed!!! good job!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Nice job!!! I love your fabric choice and they turned out beautifully. You're a more ambitious woman than I!