Monday, March 10, 2008

A Mess

I believe I neglected to mention that K told me the other day it was raining in her room. As I checked this out, I discovered, to my horror, that she was not only correct but it was really bad. Since S was out of town, I called Granddad and he fixed it on a very temporary basis.
Saturday we found ourselves working on getting the problem solved. This resulted in removing siding, wood, parts of studs and, eventually, the window in the girls' room. Oh, the joys of home ownership! Needless to say, the girls could not sleep in that mess so we played fruit basket turnover with the bedrooms. K and L are sleeping in H's room (K in the big bed, L in the crib) and H is in a portable crib in our closet. This will continue until all is back to normal which could be as early as tomorrow or maybe later this week. Now when I say "back to normal" I mean that everyone is back in their own rooms. That doesn't include painting both interior and exterior walls that had to be demolished. What fun!

You can see the destruction for yourself...

This is a picture of the very fine dust that is covering most of the girls' room. It ain't pretty...

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

We've got a mess going on at our house too... a new roof. Isn't drywall dust the worst?!