Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scooter

Lest you think I've lost my mind, this is a picture of our family dog, Scooter. Scooter isn't real yet, and won't be for several years. You see, I've told my children that they may get a dog when K is 10, L is 8, and H is 5 as I have zero desire to have a baby and a puppy at the same time.

One of our Christmas gifts from Papa and PJ was this sweet stuffed Schnauzer, complete with a collar and name tag that reads "Scooter." I really want a miniature Schnauzer because they don't shed as much as other dogs and I've always really liked the breed.

Why the name Scooter, you ask? Well, last fall S took the girls to a volleyball practice to give me a break in the afternoon. While at said practice someone showed up with their brand new Daschund puppy who was, appropriately, named Scooter. L fell in love with Scooter and talked about him for months. In fact, if you ask her what we're going to name our dog she'll tell you Scooter.

The girls take turns sleeping with our Scooter and K brought him into my room this morning. This is the picture that greeted me as I got out of the shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit this gave me a start! Our little Scooter is adorable, huh? Just the right kind of pup!

nana