Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Weekend

Oh y'all, we had a fabulous weekend. Four whole nights where I didn't have to worry about being awakened by a child. Not that it's usually an issue but I didn't have to get up with them at 6:30 AM, either. It was a blessed weekend, including the post below.

We actually left Wednesday around lunch time and arrived back Sunday afternoon. The whole weekend was exactly what S and I needed: rest, relaxation, and some time together. We chose to treat ourselves to a massage in our hotel's spa which was just so wonderful. I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed! It was such a treat. I finished two books (those posts will come later), did some knitting, and found my way to some really great shops. I did let S stay at the hotel for one of my shopping adventures since it's not really his favorite thing. We had fabulous food as I made S promise that we wouldn't go anywhere that we could go in our home town. That wasn't so easy but we managed it.

Here are some pictures from the weekend...

This is the view from our balcony on Saturday morning. As much as I love playing around with photo-editing software, this one is unretouched. That's how dense the fog was.
This was the view from our hotel room on Sunday morning. It made it quite hard to pack up and leave!

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

{Sigh} I wish I were there! So glad you had a lovely, relaxing time.

Beth said...

Yes, I am trying to strictly be happy for you, and not envious! :-) Sounds like a blessed and wonderful break. What a treat!

Your Tommy story was great. Missed reading you during your vacation!