Monday, December 17, 2007

And the Rush Begins

This is going to be a crazy week and it all started yesterday. I had to make cupcakes yesterday afternoon for K's teacher's birthday celebration today. Her birthday is the day after Christmas (which isn't so great) so we surprised her and celebrated a little early. Then I had to be at our evening service early so I could sing with the praise band. I was pooped when I went to bed.

Today has been non-stop. Blessedly, S is in town this week to help out. He still has lots of work to do but he's at home and I can leave H home to run errands, take kids to school, etc. Actually, he took the girls this morning which was a huge help. We're having friends over tonight so I have to get the house ready for them, including their children. While I'm not a huge fan of large groups of children, I love these kids. They are all sweet children and friends with my kids so it makes the time with them fun.

L has to bring snack on Wednesday (I'm making cupcakes again. Cake mix and frosting were on sale a couple of weeks ago, buy one get one free. That was just too good to pass up. I'm usually one to make things from scratch but, frankly, I need the break this week. Who are you to judge me?!) There are two more parties on Friday and the girls both get out an hour early for the Christmas break.

Then, we have to get ready for my dad and stepmom, who arrive on Saturday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to having them here as it's been a couple of years since they have celebrated Christmas with us. In and amongst all the parties and preparing for guests, I also have to finish my shopping! And all this fun is on top of our regular activities. I have a feeling I'm going to crash at some point. Did I mention that I still have to cook Christmas dinner? Fortunately, S, my dad, and stepmom will help with that so I'm not left to do that on my own. I'm thinking I'm sleeping in late on December 26!

With all of that said, may I not forget the reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

No comments: