Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Christmas Music


Even though Christmas has come and gone, I promised to blog about my experience with the new Michael W. Smith album, It's A Wonderful Christmas. Well, I was finally able to listen to the entire album even though I wasn't doing something Christmas-y (I don't think folding laundry is considered a Christmas activity). I will say that I love his previous Christmas albums (appropriately titled Christmas and Christmastime) and if you haven't listened to them, I highly recommend them. There is always a great combination of traditional music and new songs, a little something for everyone. I am all about good Christmas music.

So, onto my "review." This is a great album. For the first several days after listening to it, I couldn't get the first song, Christmas Angels, out of my head. I would describe it as an unexpected song because it starts out instrumental and the chord progression is not what you'd expect. There were some songs that I could hear in a movie. I could just picture a wide shot, sweeping the snow-covered landscape, exploring, in great detail, God's creation. Or little children sneaking down the stairs to peek at what Santa left under the tree.

If you are at all inclined to purchase new Christmas music after the holiday, please add this to your list. It's worth it!

No comments: