Friday, December 7, 2007

I Have No Title But it is a Funny Story

On the way home from school yesterday, both K and L were crying. (Then H started in so all three were crying which made me want to cry. But I digress.) That means, at least in our house, that they are extremely tired and in need of a nap. K didn't sleep long but did play very quietly in her room. She was quiet enough to allow L to sleep. For quite awhile.

When she got up, L came in my room and said, "Mommy! There's something in my bottom!" This is a phrase I do not enjoy hearing as it could mean so many unpleasant things. She was crying and I was convinced that she had messed in her pants. So I, begrudgingly, turned her around, prepared for the worst.

She did, indeed, have something in her bottom. It was the daddy from her dollhouse and a Snow White bedroom slipper. I'm guessing she put them there for safe-keeping or maybe she was just saving them for later. Wouldn't want K to get her treasures!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am laughing so hard I am crying. That is a touching story that you will want to be sure to record in your journal for your posterity!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

oh. my. mommyhood, isn't it grand?!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Those moments sure do energize us to do the hard work of mothering!