Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Conversations

I'm having a rough time this week with S gone for the third week in a row and there's no end in sight at the moment. I have more to say on this subject but it's late and I really want to make sure my words are clear. In the meantime, I had a conversation with K tonight that I really wanted to share.

Shortly after I put the girls in bed, I sat down in my room and just started to cry. I prayed for God to provide someone to talk to. K poked her head out of her room and this is pretty much how the conversation went:

"Mommy? Are you okay?"
"No, I'm not."
"What do you need?"
"I just need a hug."
"Well, I can give you a hug. Can I come give you a hug?" So she came and sat in my lap and gave me a hug. I continued to cry.
"I miss Daddy a whole bunch, Mommy."
"I do, too. It's hard for Mommy when he's not here."
"Well, your kids love you an awful lot and so does Daddy." That was exactly what she said.

That made even more tears fall.

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I've got tears in my eyes now. Such a sweet, sensitive girl you have. You can call me anytime -- I can only imagine how hard daily life is right now. I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how God uses children. I understand how you feel. James is leaving tomorrow and will be gone next week too. Call me. Better yet I'll call you! Loves :-)