Sunday, October 7, 2007

Friday Family Fun

Ever since school started, we've been having Friday Family Fun night. This is, typically, pizza and a movie. While this wouldn't thrill most of you, it's such fun for the girls and S and I have fun with them. We rent a movie that all of us will watch (which isn't always easy) and we have pizza.

But the pizza we eat is no ordinary pizza. Instead of ordering from a chain, we make our own, which makes the night even more fun. The girls get to make their own pizzas (K, cheese and mushroom, L, plain cheese) and S and I get to be creative.

This week, I created what I think is my new favorite pizza. We start with store-bought crusts that actually taste very good. My pizza had goat cheese, caramelized onions, fresh mushrooms, fresh basil (from our herb garden), and fresh mozzarella. Yum! For those of you who need meat on your pizza, try adding a little prosciutto. S did that and it was really yummy.

I encourage all of you to get in the kitchen with your kids. We have a great time together and there are plenty of things that both K and L can do to help. I have vivid memories of my mom letting me help her in the kitchen and I think that's why I like to cook today. And let them help clean up, too!

No comments: