Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's Going On

I'm back, y'all! Not that I've gone anywhere but I just haven't posted in almost a week. I wish I could say that I'd been somewhere spectacular (like Alaska as my friend Jennifer did a week ago) or that something completely wonderful had happened that kept me from blogging. Alas, no such luck. It just the same old thing happening day after day.

The thing is, though, I'm much more comfortable with that right now than I was just a few weeks ago. I'm beginning to relish the time I have with my children, knowing that in just a few short years, they won't need me as much as they do right now and, sadly, won't want it, either. I'm finding joy in being a mother to three small children. They are needy but they are mine and I want to be there for every new step. So allow me to brag on their most recent accomplishments.

(As a side note, they have all had their moments of non-compliance this week, confirming, in my mind, that they are not perfect).

K is learning to read. This is so much fun to watch. I bought her a set of books that are for very beginning readers and she is flying through them. We only do one or two at a time because she gets tired of it. However, she loves to read them and feels so accomplished when she reads a whole book by herself. It's a sweet thing to watch her little mind expanding.

L is going to be my little athlete. We have been practicing volleyball and she can bump with the best of them. Honestly, the first time I tossed the ball to her, she hit it right back to me. I know I couldn't do that at three. Her Daddy is so proud.

H is, as I said previously, is getting big. He's starting to push up with his hands which is the beginning of the end as far as being immobile is concerned. He's also getting his two bottom teeth. And he is the cutest baby boy I have ever seen. His smile is so sweet it just warms my heart.

So that's what is going on with the kids. I'm so thankful for them and the wonderful blessing they are on this family. Sure, they wear me out but it's a good kind of worn out!

No comments: