Friday, October 5, 2007

Lemon Ricotta Cookies



The other day as I was feeding H, I was watching the Food Network and, more specifically, Everyday Italian with Giada DeLaurentiis. She is, frankly, too skinny to be a good chef but everything of hers that I've ever made has been delicious (I'd just like to insert a shout-out to Michelle who loves her, too). And she has the best lifestyle ever, jetting off to Italy and the Mediterranean whenever she feels like it. Must be nice. She made some wonderful Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze. They looked so good, a really good cookie for spring. However, it's not spring. It's technically fall but since it still pretty much feels like summer around here, I decided I didn't care that it wasn't the season for these cookies and made them anyway.

You really must try this recipe. It is a wonderful, light cookie and it is so easy to make. I will warn you that they are addictive and could possibly add to your waistline but they are delicious. And when I say light, I mean they aren't heavy, as in dark chocolate, but light in flavor, hence the lemon. I will say that I take absolutely no credit for these cookies. Don't blame me if you become addicted, too.

4 comments:

boomama said...

The sight of those cookies makes me a little weak in the knees. :-)

And clearly Giada eats four bites of everything she cooks. But she looks GOOD. :-)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Yum! I'll have to give these a try. Beautiful photo!

mama said...

I take no credit for the photo. It's from Food Network!

Anonymous said...

LOVE her!!!! must try those cookies.