Thursday, October 18, 2007

What's For Dinner?

Is anyone else in a cooking slump? I would say that I am except that I haven't really had to cook too much lately. This week has been filled with some really wonderful dinners cooked by my loving husband, who is a much better cook than I. I'm the baker, he's the cook.

We've also discovered a new vegetable: sweet potatoes. Now, before you go nuts and say that this particular vegetable has been around for ages and many a child has loved this sweet root, I would not be one of those people. Yes, I'm Southern and should love them as they are a staple in the Southern kitchen. However, I have never really liked them except when my stepmom PJ makes them. I don't know what she does but they are good. Well, S made baked sweet potatoes and I mashed one of them up to give to the girls. L could not get enough and wanted more when there was no more to give.

For those of you familiar with our family, you know that L is quite a picky eater. She isn't required to finish the food on her plate but doesn't get any options other than what is put in front of her. Anyway, the discovery of the sweet potato as a viable vegetable has been wonderful.

So, what did you have for dinner tonight? Anything good? Just so you know, S prepared steak, cottage potatoes (provided by his mom before she left) and green beans. It was all so yummy, especially since I didn't have to cook it!

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Since the professor is out of town we had a hodge-podge of leftovers. Boo had a hotdog, fruit salad, and a few leftover baked potato wedges, Tukes had his favorite chicken and rice (leftover) with some strawberries on the side. I ate the leftover pizza and some salad. I have no idea what we'll eat tonight...better start thinking about that!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... last Thursday was peanut butter and jelly!!! :) We always eat that on Thursdays because Eric works late at church leading a young adult service.

I've been doing better the last few weeks, but I sure can relate. I was in a terrible cooking slump for many days before that! Whew - that makes it rough!