Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Encouraging Weekend

I just want to say that I had a blast this past weekend. My mom (aka Nana) was here for the weekend and we had a wonderful time. After such a tough week, it was a welcome sight to have both Daddy and Nana around. I got to sleep in, I wasn't the only adult in the house and I didn't once have to prepare a meal. Oh, did I mention that S and I got to go out to dinner and a movie? And Auburn won. It was just wonderful, a true blessing.

But wait! There's more! Then (this is the best part) Nana and I got to go shopping! Oh, it was so much fun. We spent all day Monday shopping our little hearts out while K and L were in school. S graciously agreed to pick them up so we didn't have to worry about getting back at a certain time. H tagged along with us and was so good all day. He didn't get a very good nap and slept really well that night but he was just a great sport the whole time. I even got to take Nana to a great little place for lunch without any interruptions from children. H was there but he was so good! (I think I may have already mentioned that). I was able to get several things that I needed (and a few that I didn't) since I have only a few things that really fit now that I'm not pregnant any more. I hit some wonderful sales and I would say my best find was a pair of pants for $6.97 from Old Navy. Oh, and a great pair of jeans that actually fit. They were not $6.97.

We were both exhausted by the time we got home but it was so worth it. The last time my mom visited, I got almost no time with her so this little trip was just a blast and much needed on both ends. We laughed the entire time and enjoyed being mother and daughter, as well as friends.

Here is a picture of the kids with their Nana and one of L that I just had to share. We have more fun to look forward to as Papa and PJ are scheduled to come in the next couple of weeks and we haven't seen them since May. H has changed a lot since then and the girls are so excited to see them. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

There's nothing like Mom-tonic is there?! I've had some this week myself and it has been lovely. I'm so happy that you've had a break, have been encouraged, and have had some fun -- you deserved it!