Monday, October 1, 2007

Rub-A-Dub

When L was a baby, a friend of mine gave me this wonderful Tummy Tub. It is the best, hands down, tub for babies. I wouldn't use it for newborns but once my kids are old enough to hold their heads up, it is the best thing in the world. It looks like a large bucket with a rubber ring at the base to prevent skidding.

Tonight was H's first experience with the Tummy Tub and he loved it. The girls were more than eager to help so I let them take some pictures. This was the first time that H had a smile on his face during bath time. The girls were doing their best to help and what helped the most was that they were entertaining him. He kept smiling at them and really enjoying himself.

(A bit of a disclaimer: S hates this tub. I don't know why but he can't stand it but he's out of town this week and I will use what I like. Oh, and what H prefers, too.)
H enjoying bath time
All smiles and bubbles
This is the picture K took (notice H is standing in the tub, something that made me a bit nervous)
This is the picture L took (she's not much of a photographer but she's only 3)

2 comments:

emily said...

i am laughing SO HARD because i tried to bathe ethan in our tummy tub in the sink when he was a baby... because, well, that's what i'd seen cara do w/ her baby.... and OH MY GOSH what a disaster! i mean, think about how short i am compared to you and cara! i could not reach over the top of it to hold ethan (he was tiny, tiny though). i think i made brian delete the video he took from this sad attempt. so all of our tummy tub experiences have been on the FLOOR ever since!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

So cute! I'm glad you little man enjoyed his bath...finally!

I've never heard of a Tummy Tub -- it looks like a good item. With Boo, I just filled up the kitchen sink and plunked him in!