Thursday, January 17, 2008

All Three in the Tub

Now that H is sitting up on his own, I feel comfortable putting him in the tub with his sisters. Since he's a little wobbly, we have a tub seat for him that all three of the kids have used. (Incidentally, I have no pictures of all of them in the tub because I keep forgetting to bring my camera in the bathroom before H gets in and I'm not leaving him with those two girls. It's just not safe). The girls love it and H is entertained the whole time. K and L take turns sitting next to him, only if I can remember which one got to sit by him last time.

One thing this has brought about is an anatomy lesson. I really don't believe in calling body parts by silly little names so we call it what it is. The funny thing is this is really the first we've had to deal with this. I thought it would be an issue when H first came home and they were watching while I changed his diapers. But they never really asked so I didn't bring it up.

Now, of course, they are asking all sorts of questions. Every time we get in the tub we have the discussion about boy parts and girl parts. And I gently remind them that we don't talk about this with our friends, only with Mama or Daddy. I don't really want the girls running around the playground announcing body parts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh come on...there's nothing wrong with a pee pee!

(it bet your gasping that i actually typed that. he he!)

mama said...

Stuff like that just doesn't get to me anymore. I guess once you've become a mom, you are ready for anything!