Monday, January 28, 2008

A Funny ER Story

When at the hospital on Thursday night, the doctor that treated H just happened to be the same doctor who, a mere 8 months ago, told me that the abdominal pain I was experiencing was constipation due to giving birth and I should go home. This pain didn't go away and we now know that it was my gallbladder filled with stones and it was removed less than a week later.

So when he showed up to ask questions about H, I just smiled and answered them. When he was about to leave, I piped up. "You may not remember me but..." and I proceeded to tell him the story. I've always said that if I ever saw him again I would tell him that he was a little bit wrong on the "abdominal pain of unknown origin" and that I had made yet another trip to the hospital to have my gallbladder removed.

His response? Chuckling and saying, "This is very helpful information." In the end, he is a very nice doctor who took great care of H, making up for his misdiagnosis in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at some point you've got to let me know these things in advance so i don't have to get this info from your blog. i had a momentary "freak out" feeling when i read the title.
i'm glad H is ok and your were able to have support since S is gone.