Friday, January 18, 2008

Another L-ism

Yesterday afternoon I made chocolate chip cookies for a bake sale at K and L's school. K's class was sponsoring the sale so it was up to them to provide the goodies for the sale.

(As a brief aside, I would only loosely call this a bake sale as many of the items sold are not actually baked. Some are baked but there's also lots of candy and nachos available for sale. Oh, and there were doughnuts, too, so it really should be called a Fried/Baked/Candy Sale. Just FYI.)

As I was putting the cookies in bags, the girls were hovering and wanting the warm cookies. I did allow them one as a snack (who can pass up a warm cookie?) but told them that the rest were for K's bake sale.

L told me that she wanted to have a sale, too, but since K was having a bake sale, L wanted a "little" sale. She thought I called it a "big" sale. The best part was this morning when we dropped the cookies off, she told everyone that she was going to have a "little" sale in lieu of K's bake sale. I had to explain the story to everyone.

You know, if we survive L as a teenager, we're going to have lots of really good stories to tell!

1 comment:

emily said...

hahahaha!!!!! i will never forget when L came over to play while you were tending to newborn H at the hospital, and she'd been over here for a good hour, playing contentedly w/ ethan... then all of a sudden, she looked up at me, and said, "where's emily?" :) she was apparently hoping to play with "ethan and emily" that day! i had to disappoint her by telling her that the boring mom was emily!! haha.