Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Indian Cafe

Yesterday, S got a rolling garment bag for his travels. Actually, he ordered it a month ago and was told it wouldn't arrive until February but it was exactly what he was looking for at a really good price. So he ordered it anyway and decided to wait for it.

It came in a great box, one the girls immediately wanted to play with. They stood in it and started pretending it was a cafe. So I got the bright idea to make a menu and give the cafe a name. They came up with the menu and the pricing all on their own. I just wrote down what they told me to write. They have had such fun with this box cafe. It was the first thing they wanted to do when they got up this morning and was the first thing they headed for when they got home from school. K is Rachael Ray and L is Colette.
K was a little dismayed when I told her that we couldn't actually purchase all the stuff on the menu and sell it. I think she had in mind to put the "cafe" on our front lawn and really sell ketchup and McDonald's. Ah, the mind of a 5-year-old.

I think my favorite thing on the menu is the Ketchup for $2.00. That or the watermelon juice. I'm not really sure where that came from!

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

So fun and so cute! What a good idea -- creating a cafe -- I love it!

Beth said...

That is GREAT. You are such a fun and creative mom! I love the preprinted words on the box, too, "our goal is customer satisfaction."

emily said...

can you whip me up an order of EARRINGS? mmmm... tasty! are they fried like onion rings? oh, now i'm a little disturbed. :) haha. what a fun fun box. boxes always intrigue kids. it's amazing. ethan still played more in the box that his FORT came in for a week than he has played in the fort to this day (a year later). gotta love it.

mama said...

Beth, the word you can't see, because of the "menu" is "QUALITY is priority #1".

Emily, the earrings, toy cars, and lipstick are for those who are interested in things other than food. We are a full service cafe.

Anonymous said...

MMMMmmm! That is the cutest!