Thursday, January 3, 2008

H is 8 Months Old!

And I'm up at 6:30am. Actually, I've been up since 5am but we won't go there. You see, H woke up at 5 to eat, as usual, only he refused to go back to sleep. This is not as usual. I don't know if it's the snotty nose or the stubborn will he inherited from both of his parents. S offered to get up with him but I felt that it was my turn since he got up with him yesterday morning so that I could sleep in. Which I did. Until 9:30. I would have slept until 10 but my mom was here and I felt guilty for sleeping in and not spending time with her since she was planning to leave later in the afternoon.

My mom tells the story of giving me a magazine to tear up just so she could get a shower and that's what H is doing now. He is a chunk at over 20 pounds. He's sitting up on his own and the beginnings of crawling are rearing their ugly heads. My life, as I know it, is about to be over. He loves his sisters and is proving to be a Mama's boy already. His favorite activity is banging toys on any hard surface and his favorite Christmas present is the cement mixer truck Nana gave him. He knew exactly what to do with it. He is definitely a boy.
I really am enjoying this last baby of mine, soaking up all the dimpled hands and fat feet I possibly can. He has big blue eyes that look at me with such love and innocence. He loves to play and be played with but is comfortable just being quiet. One of my favorite times of day is when he wakes up and starts talking to himself in his bed. Oh, to understand what he's saying!

I think what has gotten me this month is the realization that in only four short months, we'll be celebrating his very first birthday. The first year is flying by and dragging all at the same time. We have lots more memories to come...

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

It won't be long before he starts making truck noises when he's playing with that cement mixer!

He's precious!