Monday, January 7, 2008

"Is it a School Day?"

This has to be the most popular question in our house for the past two weeks. Both K and L have been asking this question incessantly. L also asks if it's a ballet day or a gymnastics day but the answer has been no. Finally today I was able to answer it in the affirmative. Well, at least the school day question. Gymnastics is tomorrow and ballet is Wednesday.

L's response? A hearty "Woo-hoo!" She's a character!

The funny thing is that I have mixed emotions about them going back to school. I enjoyed having them around a bit more over the break but I also had to deal with more whining and crying than I normally do. Every day around 5:30PM they would gear up and start running in circles in the kitchen. Just running in circles. Without fail at the same time every day. And all I could do was laugh. This isn't something they normally do. I guess they just had pent up energy that had to get out somehow.

I saw some fights but I also saw some very sweet together play. They are both into Mama and Baby play and Teacher/School play. Very fun. Their conversations are fun to listen to and I often here them repeat things that I have said.

The one thing I will enjoy about them being in school is having time with H again. When all three are home, I'm pulled in three directions, each of them wanting their time with Mama, especially H. I could tell that he wanted the time with me, too. Funny how that has started already. I guess I should soak it up now since there will be a time when he doesn't want me around at all!

I'm off to do more laundry, to clean the kitchen (without little children under foot) and enjoy what's left of my quiet morning before the herds return!

No comments: