Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The L-ism of the Day

I think I may need to make L-isms their own category as the one-liners and fun quotes just keep on coming. I'm so glad I have this blog to record them because I know I would forget them if I didn't have some way of saving these little gems for posterity.

Today was gymnastics day, as is every Tuesday, and L loves gymnastics. She noticed, several months ago, that two little girls in her class would often wear leotards to class. (Since this is a class for 3- and 4-year-olds, they don't require proper gymnastics attire.) So recently, she has wanted to wear a leotard to class. I have no problem with this. I have a problem with her not wearing other clothes on top of the leotard as we take K to school and then go to the gym.

This morning we took K to school and then came home to give H a quick breakfast and a short nap. L, of course, took off her outerwear so that she was only wearing her leotard. As we were about to leave, I told her to get her clothes on. You see, it's too chilly here to wear only a leotard outside. Her response?

"But Mama, I like the cold on me!"

No comments: